APEC 2018 continues the long-standing tradition of addressing issues of immediate and long-term interest to the practicing power electronic engineer. Outstanding technical content is provided at one of the lowest registration costs of any IEEE conference.
To encourage more content from Industry practitioners, APEC runs Industry Session tracks in parallel with the Technical Session tracks. Speakers are invited to make a presentation only without submitting a formal paper. These presentations will be included on the APEC Technical Session USB thumb drive.
This very popular format has allowed APEC to present information on current topics in power electronics from sources that would not otherwise present at APEC. The target audience for these sessions is also extended to include system engineers/architects and business-oriented people such as purchasing agents, regulatory agencies, along with other people who support the power electronics industry.
Industry Session Presentations can be submitted in two different formats. Presenters can either submit an individual presentation proposal or an overall session proposal. Session proposals should include the overall session title/theme as well as the 4, 6 or 7 (20) minute individual presentations that would make up that overall session.
The call for Industry Session proposals has now closed.
|July 3, 2017
||Start date to submit proposal
|September 1, 2017
||Deadline for Plenary Session proposal submission
|September 8, 2017
||Deadline for PES and Industry Session proposal submission
|October 27, 2017
||Notification that a proposal was accepted or declined
|October 27, 2017 - January 12, 2017
||Final presentation and author registrations window
Milestones are subject to change and are posted here.
The time allowed for each presentation is approximately 20 minutes, plus 4-5 minutes for questions and discussion. Please plan your presentation proposal accordingly.
To submit a proposal for an Industry Session at APEC, prepare a 2-3 page digest that provides a summary of the presentation content and a description of the target audience. Also, include a short professional biography of the speaker. Note that if you are submitting a session proposal, you will need to submit a digest for each of the individual presentations that make up your session. The presentations should have strong technical content and commercial references should be limited and only in support of the core content.
Presentations made at APEC should be original material. The principal criteria in selecting digests will be the usefulness of the work to the practicing power electronic professional and support functions. Authors should obtain any necessary company and governmental clearance prior to submission of digests.
If a digest is accepted, authors must submit a final presentation before the deadline or the presentation cannot be published in the Proceedings or presented at the conference. Speakers are required to register for APEC 2018 in accordance with APEC registration policies.
Topics of Interest
- AC-DC Converters
- DC-DC Converters
- Passive Devices and Components
- Active Devices and Components
- System Integration
- Modeling and Simulation
- Control of Converters and Systems
- Thermal Management of Power Electronics Equipment
- Motor Drives and Inverters
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Power Electronics for Utility Interface
- Power Electronics for Transportation, including Vehicle Electrification
- Power Electronics for Computing Applications
- Power Electronics for Communications Applications
- Power Electronics for Medical Applications
- Power Electronics for Consumer Applications
- Power Electronics for Industrial Applications
- Regulatory, Safety and EMC Compliance of Power Electronics Equipment
- Production, Manufacturing, Quality and Reliability of Power Electronics Equipment
- Business and Marketing of Power Electronics
- Patent and Intellectual Property Topics
- Firmware and Software in Power Electronics Systems
Please send any questions to email@example.com.