APEC News Release
APEC 2023 Student Attendance Support Program
Thursday, Sep 08, 2022
Students who have been accepted to present papers at APEC 2023 are eligible to receive support of up to $1,000 to assist with attendance; The deadline to apply is October 26, 2022
Orlando, FL – September 8, 2022 – The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) have announced the continuation of the popular Student Attendance Support Program for APEC 2023, scheduled to take place in Orlando, March 19-23. Chosen recipients of the program will receive reimbursement to cover qualified expenses for attending APEC 2023. Those eligible to apply for the program are power electronics students, undergraduate or graduate, who have been accepted to present papers at the upcoming conference in March. Once accepted, student presenters must apply for the Student Attendance Support Program by October 26, 2022.
In its 18th year, this popular program was initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA). It is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC conference: the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS).
The recipients of the Student Attendance Support Program will be chosen by the APEC 2023 Student Attendance Support Committee. Criteria for students interested in applying are:
- The recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for presentation at APEC 2023
- Only students who have not received support in the past will be considered
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution
- After attending APEC 2023 as a speaker, the student must submit expense receipts to the Student Attendance Support Committee for reimbursement
- Application forms must be filled out and submitted online and received by the Committee by October 26, 2022
- If accepted for the for the Student Attendance Support Program, the recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 22, 2022
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor, as well as a brief description of their career interest and reasons for attending APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of their accepted APEC paper, including the name(s) of the co-author(s), if applicable.
About the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC)
As The Premier Event in Applied Power Electronics™, APEC focuses on the practical and applied aspects of the power electronics business. This is not just a designer's conference. APEC has something of interest for anyone involved in power electronics:
- Equipment OEMs that use power supplies and dc-dc converters in their equipment
- Designers of power supplies, dc-dc converters, motor drives, uninterruptable power supplies, inverters and any other power electronic circuits, equipment and systems
- Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies used in power electronics
- Manufacturing, quality and test engineers involved with power electronics equipment
- Marketing, sales and anyone involved in the business of power electronics
- Compliance engineers testing and qualifying power electronics equipment or equipment that uses power electronics
Greg Evans, P.E., APEC 2023 Publicity Co-Chairman