The joint sponsors of APEC have announced the continuation of the popular Student Attendance Travel Support Program of up to $1,000 to cover part of the travel and conference expenses for as many as 40 students to attend APEC 2017 in Tampa, FL, March 26-30, 2017. Up to $40,000 in travel support will be distributed.
Now in its 12th year, this popular program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA), is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC Conference – the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications society (IAS).
The application process is complete and recipients will be notified by November 21, 2016.
The criteria for this Travel Support reimbursement are:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution.
- Only students who have not received Travel Support in the past will be considered.
- The recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for presentation at APEC 2017
- The recipient must attend APEC 2017 and submit expense receipts to the Committee.
- The amount of support provided will be from $500 to $1000.
- Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 21, 2016.
- The recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 21, 2016.
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor and a brief description of their career interest and reasons for planning to attend APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of the accepted paper, as well as the name(s) of the co-author(s).