Professional Education Seminar Resources
This page contains important information for Professional Education Seminar speakers and chairs.
The key dates for Professional Education Seminar speakers are listed below. These dates are subject to change so check here regularly for updates.
- Wednesday, June 7, 2023: Submission site opens
- Sunday, August 27, 2023: Deadline to submit your proposal
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023: Prospective speakers notified if proposal is accepted or not accepted
- Sunday, December 17, 2023: PowerPoint presentations must be uploaded for the conference
- Submission in PDF file format
- An abstract of no more than 200 words describing what is to be presented, including whether the topic will be treated in‐depth or as a survey, and the level of the intended audience (entry level, intermediate, or advanced).
- A detailed topical outline of three to five double‐spaced pages including the estimated time for each major topic.
- Contact information for presenting speaker(s): name, affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- A short biography (< 200 words) and a resume or CV of each speaker
- Any audio/visual equipment needs beyond standard PowerPoint file presentation, such as supplementary video or audio files that will be played as part of the seminar presentation
- Requests for the seminar to be scheduled in a specific session (listed below)
Professional Education Seminar Schedule And Timing
The APEC 2024 Professional Education Seminars will be held in three sessions:
- Sunday, February 25, 2024, 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Sunday, February 25, 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday, February 26, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
In each three and one half hour session the format is:
- 90 minutes of presentation
- 30 minute break
- 90 minutes of presentation
Prospective seminar speakers must show in their outline that their seminar will conform to this timing. This is necessary so that the coffee and beverage service for the breaks is coordinated among all seminars.
Prospective seminar speakers understand that an accepted seminar may be assigned to any of the three seminar sessions. Requests for assignment to a specific session will be considered but no guarantee that such requests can be accommodated.
Presentation File Format
Seminars accepted for presentation at APEC 2024 must be provided in Microsoft PowerPoint file format. No exceptions will be made.
Professional Education Seminar slides must be formatted in wide, 16 x 9 format.
Requests for seminar speakers to be able to play supplementary video or audio files can generally be accommodated but arrangements must be made well ahead of the conference date.
At The Conference
Professional Education Seminar speakers are required to attend the Speaker's Breakfast on the day of their presentation. The speakers will meet the person introducing and chairing the seminar session and receive instructions on the use of the audio/visual equipment and timers.
APEC Professional Education Seminar speakers retain the copyright to their seminar materials.
Seminar speakers must, however, agree that their presentations will be distributed in secure PDF format to each attendee registered for the APEC 2024 Professional Education Seminars and may be provided to attendees in the form of a printed book.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.